Background

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy!

Well, this morning didn't start out that way...I thought something was really wrong with Kyler after I tried everything (except for feeding--he had JUST eaten an hour earlier) that I could think of to calm him down. I woke up at 6:30 and fed him and then decided that because he was wide awake, I'd take my shower. I got in the shower and then dried my hair afterwards the whole time Kyler sat in the bouncy chair in the bathroom with me wide awake. He did however begin to get fussy just as I finished drying my hair so I took him in the bedroom and laid him down in the cradle. He immediately began to scream his head off and would NOT stop, so I took him to change his diaper since I hadn't changed his diaper after feeding him. It was wet, but not dirty. After changing his diaper, I went and laid him again back in the cradle. Again he screamed his head off so I gave him his pacifier to which hee spit out. So, I tried laying him in bed by Nathan. He didn't want that either and kept screaming, so I figured ok, maybe he is hungry and I tried to feed him again however after just a minute of trying to feed him, his eyes shut and he wasn't really sucking or swallowing like he does when he really is hungry, so I took and put him again in the cradle to which he woke up again and started screaming again. I then told Nathan that I wasn't giving in this time. Kyler was going to lay in the cradle and scream for a few minutes if he had to because he was NOT hungry. He was tired. I am so happy though that I stuck to my instincts because Kyler did a TON better today and even managed to almost make it through the church service as well as take another 2 hour nap at home. I am also happy about the fact that Nathan put Kyler to bed again...I know that this will not be happening for a couple weeks here because Nathan is wrapping up his school work and is going to be extremely busy, but I am very happy that he did manage to calm Kyler down and get him to sleep.

One other thing that makes me happy (and kind of laugh inside) is the fact that I stuck to my guns today with Nathan and him taking care of Kyler. After getting home from church today Kyler woke up and Nathan ran to his care...which was great, but then as soon as Kyler started fussing and Nathan wanted to cook something, Nathan wanted to give me Kyler to which I replied figure it out. I manage to eat one handed, cook one handed, and clean one handed...you can figure it out, you're a pretty smart guy. I wasn't rude in telling Nathan to figure it out which I think helped. He kept holding on to Kyler for another hour beyond when he wanted to hand the little man over to me and then finally he gave the little man to me so that he could go do the rest of his homework and I could feed the little guy. Things will be even MORE awesome once Kyler gets into a little schedule...but I fear this will not happen until I head back to school. I'm going to stop now since I am very sad that I only have 4 more weeks off with my precious little boy. I guess it'll do me some good to get back into a routine though...maybe I'll even be able to make it to the gym a few days....or if not at least on the weekends since Nathan will be done with school then too...well, that's it for now...I'll think of more later I'm sure.

Oh, one final last thing...Nathan did give Kyler his bath tonight. He said he'd help me but then came in the bathroom and did everything all on his own other than getting him dressed when he was all cleaned up. Here's a picture of Kyler getting a bath...he's since learned to like his baths...I think it's cause we've warmed up the water more...

1 comment:

GOTG said...

I'm so incredibly proud of you - those instincts know best. Way to go, momma.