Background

Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011

Today I am thankful for my son. I stayed home today with him as he was sick yesterday and I thought he'd be better resting it out one day at home than to go back to daycare today...well, I ended up letting him sleep in (which he slept in til almost 9! HOLY MOLY!) and when he woke up he said he was hungry. He hadn't eaten much (not even a brownie yesterday at Grandma and Grandpa's house, so you know he was sick!:( boo!) and so I decided we needed to start on something light. I got him some toast and some water to drink. He ate all the toast and drank all the water and got down. He played around the house for a while while I did laundry (a MASSIVE heap that has piled up!) and got clothes folded. I then decided I wasn't going to just sit around doing nothing if he was feeling better, so I decided to head out to the store to get some more Christmas shopping done. We went to the dollar store and Target. I figured when we got to Target and Kyler was asking to eat popcorn that he was feeling better, so we got some popcorn and headed around the store to get what we needed. Even though Kyler threw a HUGE fit in the store because I wouldn't stop and look at what he wanted to (some Batman underwear or something) he calmed down after a while (and I think his fit was due to the fact that he was hungry!) so we quick stopped at daddy's work where dad gave Kyler a piece of chocolate. Kyler didn't take a nap today so he was EXTRA crabby tonight at bedtime, but I'm pretty sure he was feeling better. I'm just glad and thankful for the time I got to spend with my son today just the 2 of us!

No comments: