Background

Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012...so thankful I'm alive and baby girl is kicking!

Today I am thankful to be alive and to be at a stage in my pregnancy where I can be pretty sure I'm feeling baby girl move! We had a bit of a scare today when Nate decided we needed to take Kyler out to use his new Christmas saucer and snow tube on the hill at Mulick Park. I wasn't going to go with them at first, but Nate convinced me to just come that they wouldn't be there long and I figured I should probably get a few pics of Kyler sledding anyways...so we loaded up in the car and headed to the hill.

We got to the park and there were quite a few people there sledding already and the hill seemed a bit big for Kyler to go on by himself yet so I made Nate get on the tube with Kyler and I said I'd wait at the bottom and take pictures. Well, I zoomed my camera in to take a picture of them at the top of the hill and the next thing I knew I hear Erin look out! Well I guess I was out of it or my camera was zoomed in too far and then BAM! Nathan clipped my legs out from underneath me, I was thrown over top of them and then landed pretty hard on my left hip. Nathan ran over to me and said Erin you're bleeding. Sure enough I had had blood on my gloves. I sat there for a second, felt fine other than my throbbing pain in between my eyes and my nose so I got up and decided to go to the car to call the doctor. The only problem was that the doctor's office was closed so I got to talk with the on call doctor. She said to watch for any cramping or bleeding and to just sit tight. Well, after getting home, talking with my mom and Nate, I started to just plain worry. I prayed that God would give us the peace that we needed to get through this and that he would make sure everything was ok with our family and baby girl! and let me tell you, did he EVER! God is SO awesome.

So, we decided to get back in the car and head to the ER just to see if they could put me on monitors or something to make sure baby girl was ok. I got to the hospital and there were quite a few people in ER already, but I must have been pushed through and I was seen relatively quickly. They took me back to a room and a doc came in maybe 20 minutes after getting to the hospital. The doc took all my information and actually seemed more concerned about the gash in my forehead and my hip than my baby. When the person from registration came in, we finally said to her that I really wasn't in much pain other than the gash on my forehead but that we REALLY wanted to make sure baby girl was ok and was there anything they could do to check her out. The lady asked the doctor and they got someone from ob to come down and just listen to baby girl's heartbeat (thankfully she found it right away!). It was between 153 and 160 and she said it sounded really good. At this time I started feeling baby girl moving all around again so I knew God was again comforting us in that small ER room. The doc came back after checking with some colleagues and decided we wouldn't need to do an x-ray of my hip because I was able to walk on my own and there was no real pain there, just stiffness. The doctor did tell us to go home, rest, and take it easy. I decided to take tomorrow off with a little bit of hesitation only because I hate taking days off, but I am really quite stiff and achy and when we got ready to leave the ER I felt so completely exhausted and tired that I figured I could use one more day to rest up before heading back to my classroom.

So, that's my story...crazy Iknow, but man could I EVER feel God's hand present today and it is such an amazing feeling! I KNOW he listens to my prayers and he answered them today!

1 comment:

Marc and Gretchen said...

My dear - it is LONG past time for an update :)