Background

Friday, March 27, 2009

Naps...WHAT???

So today Kyler and I set out to a huge mommy sale at Sunshine church (with some other moms from my church) and we started off very good...Kyler had slept well, eaten, had a clean diaper...all was going quite well until he started to get a little fussy at the church. I gave him his pacifier though and it held him over til we got home...so all was not lost. I got home around 10:30 and fed him...boy did he eat! After that, we headed over to the Buists for a playdate. I figured Kyler would last an hour tops before wanting to eat again, but he surprised me...I was telling the other moms that Kyler refuses to take naps lately...and guess what! All of a sudden after he had one more clean diaper put on him, he got fussy so he got his pacifier and he put himself to sleep...mind you it was in my arms, but still he was sleeping for more than 10 minutes at a time! I couldn't believe it. He was still asleep when we got home, but I sort of woke him up to take him out of the carseat and I don't think he had had enough of a nap...so I gave him a little more to eat and he's been sleeping now for the past 2 hours! HOLY COW!!! I feel so much better...this nap in the afternoon since we've been home has allowed me to get some bills and things taken care of and I haven't had to hold Kyler the entire time! YEAH. I think Kyler will be a much happier boy once he wakes up...here's a picture of Kyler all relaxed and ready to fall asleep! ahhh

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yay! I'm so glad he stayed sleeping for you! We'll have to have more playdates to wear him out! :)