Background

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29, 2011

Today I am thankful for time! This morning I was all worked up because Nathan switched cars so that he could take our one in to have a seatbelt fixed, but he left me with a car that had hardly any gas in it at all...so I HAD to stop and get gas. I had that few extra minutes this morning to stop and fill up the gas tank so I wouldn't get stranded on the side of the highway.

I am also thankful for the time I get to spend in the car with my son after school on the way home. Today we spent it singing and making up songs about the stinky garbage truck we passed on the highway. It was hilarious and we BOTH had smiles on our faces and laughs from the belly. After getting home tonight from work (which is usually Nathan's time to spend with Kyler) we decided to take Kyler to a Christmas lights parade in downtown Holland. We spent time together as a family and even though it was FREEZING outside and I would have rather been inside wrapped in a warm blanket, I had a smile on my face and it just warmed my heart to see my son with such a huge smile on his face getting candy from the girls in the parade (even though it was late and past Kyler's bedtime). Kyler loved it and so did I! Thank the LORD!

No comments: