Background

Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16, 2011

Today I'm thankful for my car. I heard over and over this past week on JQ99 their Christmas wishes in the morning on my way in to work. 3 out of the 5 stories that I listened to all had people wishing for a friend or loved one to get their car fixed and running for Christmas. A simple wish and yet I take my car for granted. My husband actually was looking out for me this year and we splurged on winter tires for the car since I'd be driving to and from Muskegon in this Michigan winter. I'm thankful that my husband cares about my safety and that I do have a vehicle that runs. Over and over the comments on the radio were that the person ended up walking to work because their car was out of commission. I got thinking and I don't know what I would do if my car stopped working...it would be pretty difficult to walk to work. Maybe I'd take Nathan's car and leave him asking people for rides, who knows...in any case, I'm thankful that I have my car and my independence and I can get to where I need to without many problems.

No comments: