Background

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 28, 2011

Today I'm thankful for God's safety and laughs. Today started out like a normal day with cleaning up after Christmas. I got the tree and decorations down, but then when I went to go bring them downstairs to put them away, Kyler wandered away from me and hopped on the treadmill by himself and turned the speed up to full blast! All I heard was a loud thud and then a HELP ME! I ran out to see Kyler laying flat on his belly and the next second as I was reaching to turn the treadmill off he flew off the back and hit his head. I was SURE we'd be seeing blood and using LOTS of bandages, but thankfully because of God's hand Kyler escaped with only a minor (and I mean VERY minor) bump on his upper lip. When I went upstairs to get Kyler a boo-boo buddy to put on his lip, I tried to explain to Nate what had happened and I couldn't help but to laugh at how I saw Kyler and him yelling help and the next thing I knew he was thrown back against the wall and escaped with only a small bump on his lip. I was laughing SO hard I almost peed my pants and I had tears in my eyes like I was crying. Don't get me wrong, it was VERY scary and I hope Kyler learned his lesson, but it was also pretty funny.
The next thing that happened that made me laugh uncontrollably today was a few minutes after giving Kyler the boo-boo buddy, he went in his room. We thought he was playing with his toys while we were cleaning the house some more for our party on Saturday, but when Nate went in his room to check on him, he said, "Erin you're gonna wanna go check on what Kyler is doing." I went in the room to find Kyler had gotten himself dressed to go shopping, except he put on his shirt backwards and he (OMG I am laughing uncontrollably now typing this...) couldn't find any pants to put on, so he put on another shirt around his legs like a skirt. When I walked in the room he threw his hands up and looked at me with this HUGE smile on his face and said "I did it all by myself mom!" You can bet I snapped a picture of his ensemble before taking the bottom shirt off his legs and putting pants on him. I let him keep the other shirt he put on by himself we just turned it around. I am SO thankful today for laughs! Tomorrow is a BIG day...we find out (hopefully) what baby Studer #2 is...but I won't be posting on here til January 1st...so check back then.

1 comment:

Marc and Gretchen said...

haha! I'm laughing out loud thinking of kylers outfit! TOO funny!!!