Background

Friday, June 1, 2012

Just something to remember

So there are a couple things that happened yesterday that I want to make sure I NEVER forget.  One was just so precious and the other one made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants (and they both came from my son!).  First the precious cute one:
  • Yesterday I had my 93 year old Grandmother over just for some company.  Sometimes I think it's a little hard on her getting out of the house, but I know she just adores her great-grandchildren and you can see it every time she sees them.  Yesterday I was busy feeding little Lena and so Kyler asked her to read to him.  I thought oh no Kyler, Gigi can't read those words, they are too small...but she said nevermind and made the words out the best she could.  She may not have won any speed reading awards, but she won world's GREATEST grandma in the whole world award from me.  I had to run and grab my camera it was just too precious!  (I never upload photos on here cause I always forget my camera and by then the post is created, but check out my pics on facebook if you want!)  I caught Gigi reading to Kyler in the kitchen.  I even had a small tear in my eye.
    and now, the funny laugh out loud one!...
  • Yesterday Kyler found a string on our back porch while playing that had 2 beads one on each end.  When I looked over at him, he was trying to stick the beads in his ears.   I asked him Kyler what are you doing.  He replied I'm like Zackie mom!  I'm listening to my music.  I thought what on earth are you talking about.  Well, then it clicked.  Zack is our daycare lady's son and he listens to his i-pod a lot and Kyler watches him almost daily.  Well anyways, I decided to say to Kyler oh, you're listening to your i-pod with your ear buds.  He says yeah mom.  Well then later I told him I had a pair of ear buds that he could use and to please stop putting the beads in his ears.  He took them out and proceeded to ask me the entire rest of the afternoon where my i-boobs were and could he please have my i-boobs.  This is for some reason the funniest thing (and maybe it's just a parent thing that all parents go through with their children--that you had to have been there sort of thing) to me and when he kept saying i-boobs I could NOT stop laughing.
Alright, well those were just to remind me of silly little things that Kyler or Lena do...I know I still have to record Lena's birth story on here yet, but for now she's asleep, Kyler's asleep and I NEED desperately to get some sleep!  I'm running on complete empty right now!  I'll try to get her birth story up soon!  Thanks for checking back.


1 comment:

Marc and Gretchen said...

Oh my goodness, that cracks me up, too!!! I have a story to tell like that, but I don't think it's quite blog approved...remind me & I'll tell you in person!!