Background

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

oh NO!!!

Just when I thought everything was working itself out (despite the lack of sleep!) another thing happens. I should have guessed it was coming, but I guess I NEVER would have guessed it would be like this. Last night Nathan had a soccer game for a team he plays on with people from work. Everything was going great--Kyler was there watching (well, rather sleeping) and not making even a peep! The game was almost over when all of a sudden I looked up from staring down at Kyler and noticed Nathan was being carried by 2 teammates...at first we thought he was laughing and the people were just carrying him to be funny, but then as he came over to the side of the field that I was on, I soon realized that it was more than just being funny. He had such a grimace on his face and immediately I thought, uh oh...what now? When Nathan made it outside of the playing area, he said that he rolled his ankle. One of his teammates went and got him a bag of ice while I helped him take off his shoe and sock. He sat on the sidelines with the ice until the game was over. His team/workmates all asked if they could help. Because we are such a stubborn Studer family, Nathan would barely let anyone help him! I wanted to either leave his car at the place and go back for it today or let one of the people he works with (and also lives nearby) drive his car home, but Nathan had other ideas. He had rolled his right ankle (his driving foot!) but said that he would be fine and could drive home with his left foot. Well, I decided to just let him be and he drove home. He did however let me help him a little once we got home. I had Kyler, his diaper bag, Nathan's soccer bag, and my purse in one arm and then I helped Nathan walk with the other to the house. Once we got inside, I helped Nathan get into the shower so that he could clean up while Kyler slept in the carseat in the bathroom to help more with his cold. After Nathan got out of the shower I made him some tea, got him an ice pack, elevated his foot, and got him some motrin. I ended up making it through the night somehow (nursing Kyler and all!!!) and made it through to this morning when I got up, fed Kyler, made Nate breakfast, got him another ice pack, more motrin, washed the dishes, ate a banana, and even managed to feed the cats and clean their litter boxes. I keep wondering how on earth I'm going to make it when I go back to school with nursing Kyler and if he gets up every 2 hours at night (since the past few days I have been completely exhausted!) but then I think, thank you LORD for giving me the stamina when I've needed it most. Thank you for allowing me to provide for both of my boys and thank you for giving me the health and strength to be able to do so! God is so amazing isn't he? Well, Nathan is up, Kyler is waking up, so I better sign off. Wish me luck as I try to make it through the day!

1 comment:

Marc and Gretchen said...

Oh goodness Erin - that's a ton on your plate right now, but I admire your attitude!