Background

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Well, Kyler is now 5 weeks old and my maternity leave is already half over (BOO!!!). He's doing great at over 10 lbs. He also does pretty well sleeping at night. We've worked ourselves into a little routine of eating around 10pm, 2am, and then between 5 and 6am. It all depends on when he falls asleep. I also have been getting some good 3 hour stretches of sleep which is VERY nice. I still am in need of an afternoon nap while Kyler naps, but unfortunately I don't get that most days because Nate is still in school and can't take care of Kyler crying and fussing if I am asleep...but I don't mind. I'm just a little more tired that's all. I'll catch up on the sleep eventually, but for now I just try to eat right and get sleep when I can. Even if it's just 5 minutes, it's better than nothing. I don't really have too much to write today, but I do want to post that Kyler is FINALLY over his cold. No more nasty mucous and no more coughing!!! YEAH. That was miserable as a mom to listen to him breathing and knowing that I couldn't really do anything to get the mucous out for him...but the pediatrician said I was doing great with him that his appetite didn't really drop, he wasn't that much more fussy, his ears looked great, and his newborn screener came back from the hospital as well and she said that that was all normal, which is excellent! Kyler is still gaining weight as well so we're doing wonderful. Now if this dumb weather would cooperate a little more while I'm off with my little man so that I can take him on some walks, I'd be a very happy mommy! I guess that's all for now. Maybe we'll have more later on this week.

No comments: