Background

Saturday, April 11, 2009

GRRRR

Well, for the most part my baby is doing GREAT! We went to the Dr. on Monday and had his 2 month appointment...he weighed 12 lbs 7 oz. and was 24 in. long. He's in the 75th percentile for weight and 90th for height...holy cow! We also had shots which Kyler didn't enjoy and actually cried real tears for the first time that I've seen...Everything went great but Im kinda annoyed that I didn't get all my questions fully answered and feel kinda dumb calling the office back to talk to a nurse. I have been noticing that Kyler does NOT like to take naps lately. Mainly he falls asleep on my chest but as soon as I lay him down he wakes up and then wants to eat...crazy. Before we went to the Dr. Kyler was on somewhat of a little routine...he was eating at 4:30am, 7:00, 11, 2, 4:30, 7 and then all of a sudden it changed and now he's still sleeping at night, but his bedtime has gone back to 9pm til 6am (9hours of sleep...great for at night I know...but I wish he'd sleep some during the day!) and now while he's awake during the day he's eating almost every 2 hours. I don't know if I should just leave it as is and let him be...it's just frustrating as the time for me to go back to work is approaching (2 more weeks!ahhh). I hope even if Kyler decides he needs to wake up in the middle of the night that his days work themselves out and he can at least go 3 hours between feedings...every 2 hours is kinda crazy...although I suppose he could be going through a growth spurt...We'll see I guess. Anyways, that's my news/venting for now. I have to get busy on my Daniel Bible study lessons...I kinda took a week off since we had Spring break...now I gotta get back into the routine...hopefully Kyler will get into one with me!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Just remember that he's a growing boy and he'll tell you what he needs! He may sleep longer some days but want to eat more the next, because that's what he needs to grow up! And, most importantly, don't stress yourself out over it, you're doing a great job!

Marc and Gretchen said...

around 2 months is time for a growth spurt, so you could be quite right about him needing a bit more right now. I'll pray for you as you prepare to head back to work.

GOTG said...

Momma, you are doing terrific - you are trying to listen to your kid, give him what he's asking and offer him a perfect environment to thrive in. He likes throwing you a curve ball. It's preparing you for 10 years from now when sarcasm is in full swing. As Kelly said, you're doing great...